TJ Zinsmeister Inc.

1211 6th Street SE

Winter Haven, FL 33880

Phone: 863-294-1034

Fax: 863-299-1379


Homeowners Insurance

Next to family, your home is more than likely your most valuable asset.    The Florida homeowners market is constantly changing and you need an agent that can advise and guide you through those changes.  Whether you own or rent, you need an insurance company that will cover the unfortunate events that can sometimes happen. 

When selecting an insurance company, price isn’t everything.  The worst time to find out something isn’t covered is after a loss has happened.  All policies are not the same and we have the experience and knowledge to be able to advise you on which policy and coverage’s will be best suited to meet your needs.  Whether it’s your primary home, secondary home, condo, apartment or a dwelling you are renting to someone else, we can help get you the coverage to protect you and your family.

General information
Just as each policy is different, some items are the same.  Your insurance coverage is based on the replacement cost of your home.  Replacement cost is the cost to rebuild your home at today’s construction cost not the value of what it may sell for on the open market. Below is a brief outline of how a homeowners, dwelling or renter’s policy is structured:

Coverage A:  This figure is the amount your home is covered for in the event of a total loss.  It is based on the cost estimated to rebuild the structure back to its condition before the loss happened.  In today’s real estate market, homes are selling for much less than the rebuild cost.  As your agent, we will work with you to make certain that you are not over or underinsured. 

Coverage B:  This figure is the limit of coverage for detached structures at your residence.  Things like fences, sheds, detached garages and boat docks just to name a few.  It can range from 2-50% of the coverage A value of the home.

Coverage C: The limit of coverage for your personal property.  Personal Property is best described as your “stuff.”  Items you would normally take with you if you were to move.  Values for this coverage normally range from 0-70% of the coverage A Value.

Coverage D: This figure is the amount the insurance will pay for additional living expenses in the event your home is damaged to the point you cannot stay there.  Additional living expense is normally 10-20% of the coverage A value. 

Coverage E: Personal Liability Coverage pays up to the policy limit for an occurrence in which the insured is legally liable for bodily injury or property damage.  Normal liability coverage limits range from $50,000 to $500,000. 

Coverage F: Medical Payments coverage pays for medical bills for someone other than an “insured” under the policy.  The coverage will pay for reasonable medical expenses to the injured party where an insured is not necessarily liable but the injury occurred on or about the insured premises or from an activity the insured was involved.

Endorsements:  Each company has its own list of endorsements that can be added to a homeowner’s policy.  The cost for each endorsement varies.  As your agent, we will go thru your options and find the best fit for the price and coverage available.  Items normally placed on a policy as an endorsement include animal liability, water back-up/sump overflow, sinkhole and identity theft. 

Renter’s policies do not contain coverage for the building or its other structures.  Renter’s policies focus on the personal property and liability coverage for the renter.  Most policies start with as little as $5000 in personal property and can go as high as $100, 000.  Renters policies are very affordable and give you piece of mind in the event a loss occurs.  

A dwelling fire policy is a policy set up for landlords and other uses of a residence.  The policy does not contain the same coverage as a standard homeowner’s policy but does cover the structure, other structures, liability and medical payments.  Personal property can, in most cases, be added for any of the landlord’s possessions that remain in the structure.